Tommy Dreamer Contracted COVID-19, Suffers Major Symptoms

Posted By James Walsh on 05/05/21

Tommy Dreamer has revealed that he tested positive for COVID-19 last month in Alaska. Dreamer spoke on his House of Hardcore podcast about his experience, noting that he tested positive while he was working for Wrestle Pro Alaska last month. Dreamer noted that he wonít be working any more indie shows until heís fully vaccinated and said that itís the responsibility for those wrestlers who have tested positive to inform their co-workers, family, and friends. You can see highlights below, courtesy of Fightful:

On testing positive for COVID-19: ďThis is day 24 since Iíve been exposed to COVID. Iíve never been sicker in my life. I went to Alaska and was exposed on that Friday. The company I went for, Wrestle Pro, everyone tested negative. They were there about a week before I came in and someone tested positive. How that happened, it was a wrestler, and that wrestler had to fly home and he tested positive. Saturday, mid-afternoon, we all found out. The company did everything and told the wrestlers and fans. Nobody asked for refunds or anything.Ē

On realizing right away he made the wrong decision: ďAs soon as I got in the ring and looked at the crowd and there were so many people not wearing masks. I said, ĎI made the wrong decision.í I did it for selfish reasons and wanted to check Alaska off my bucket list to say I wrestled in every state and financial reasons. There was a good financial deal for me. Itís going to have long-term effects on my health. The wrestler who tested positive, I drove in the car back from the show with the person he wrestled. Both of us felt fine. The next morning, I woke up with a headache. The person who drove me back to the hotel, he and his daughter werenít feeling well. He tested positive, his daughter tested negative. I know 12 people on the tour who tested positive, myself would be 13. Itís no fault of the promotion.Ē

On his symptoms: ďIt felt like I had a massive concussion and I had a non-stop throbbing pain in my head for 17 days. Then came the fever. It was going up to 102, 102.4, and I had that for about seven days. The chills, at one point I had four winter blankets on me and I still felt like I was outside naked in the snow. That was about four days. Sweats, I would be freezing for two to three hours and then came the sweats and having to change the sheets daily. That lasted about 16 to 17 days. Weakness and fatigue were next level. Iím on day 24 and Iíve had three good days. It feels like you overcome and then it hits you all over again. I tested positive on Thursday and had already exposed my family. Thursday night, I was in so much physical pain that I literally said, ĎIím going to pee myself because I canít get up to walk to the bathroom.í One night, I woke up crying and in pain. My elbows and hips felt like they were on fire, and Iíve been on fire. It was a raging pain, burning in both my elbows and hips. No matter which way I turned, I lost use of both my arms. They were just hanging. I couldnít lay in bed. I had to stand for two hours against the wall.Ē